A Christian Perspective
I have written this site from a Christian Perspective. because as a Christian survivor of child sexual abuse
from the start of my recovery I trusted Jesus Christ to make me whole.
I believe Jesus Christ is the answer. When I studied sociology at university I prayed for insight and evidence as in faith I wrote my essays from a Christian perspective
for my mostly Marxist Lecturers and Tutors.
- God is the creator of the universe He is loving and kind whilst judging sin (greed, hate, rebellion, immorality, abuse)
- lets put it this way surely sexual perpetrators have forced God's hand to judge such an evil (in His time)
- God is the God of salvation.
- the God of redemption. He literally saved me from a self destructive path at 16.
- Salvation comes by an act of faith - believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Being born again.
- A key verse I felt God showed me is Revelation 3 verse 23 Yes I opened up my heart to Jesus Christ.
- His light shone into the dark cave in my heart that contained the traumatised memories of csa.
- A Christian friend, a survivor of csa, suggested that recovery from csa is part of sanctification I agree.
My prayer is that these pages may be of assistance to you.
Whilst I have prayed for understanding and God's intervention and scriptural insight
My journey of recovery has been in an interdisciplinary context.
I have seen psychologists, Councellors, sexual assault counsellors, trauma release counsellor.
and attended 4 Group Programmes ( two twice)
my GP, my Pastor,
for muscular skeletal trauma release - physiotherapy and remedial massage (acredited)
I needed a trauma informed Optometrist and Dentist.
I have been a part of on line survivor forums
and used Google searches extensivly.
more recently I attended seminars with psychologists and counsellors
and a most interesting university short course on Conscousness from a neuro psyiological perspective
the lecturer having a PH D in Philosophy my comments from a Christian Perspective spiced it up.
my examples as a survivor of early childhood sexual trauma illustrating many of the processes discussed.
I have mentioned this to emphasise I have not written these pages lightly. but carefully
I have applied the scriptural principles in my own recovery
the purpose in writing these pages is to pass on transferable concepts
which recogising the individual paths of recovery of each survivor.
Every Christian is encouraged to
"work out your own salvation.."
questions and comments may be emailed to me at
Survivors of csa
in religous institutions
may find these pages
If this happens
please do not proceed
You may find these sites
or external sites